Sunday, August 3, 2008

sleep, perchance to wake rested

No accounting for the things that seem exciting these days. I slept a little long last night (my Mister woke me after 10 hours) but for the first time in ages I woke up this morning feeling rested.

I remember dreaming, but they were normal dreams that vanished to vague impressions of themselves as soon as I woke. I've become accustomed to waking from dreams that stay with me so thoroughly that for the first few minutes my groggy brain has a hard time separating the details of the dream from real life.

I had a lousy day on Friday, fatigue-wise, though I was running a low fever and wasn't feeling well in general. I don't expect that one day of waking up and feeling refreshed means I'm always going to from here on out. But it's a great start. I'd been afraid that the meds I'm on to handle the fatigue would make my sleep situation worse. But so far so good. And in September I've got an appointment with an endocrinologist to try to figure out what's causing it in the first place.

No comments: