Friday, September 19, 2008

Piratey splendor

Jolly Pirate Fish c/o the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Arrrrrrrr ye ready fer Talk Like a Sea Dog Tide?

The Official Site for International Talk Like A Pirate Day has great gobs o' goodies, including pirate pickup lines, songs, photos, games and even piratey knitting patterns. Arrrrglye socks anyone?

Pop o'er t' their links page t' use some mighty swell translators that'll add some piratical splendor t' yer own words, or translate a web page into properly piratified lingo. Even a Post Like A Pirate thingy (for twitterers) and an Aye Phone App.

By Dave Barry's bones! They've got it all! Don't believe me? Take a gander at the guide to pirate-speak auf Deutsch. Helpful if yer a monolingual Landratte like me, and ye be needin' to know what the Irrlichter might be, or how t' order the Smutje to be sent t' the sharks fer spoilin' the Käpt'n's Schillerlocken.


* * *
For I dream of the skull and the crossbones,
I dream of the great day to come,
When I dump the mundane for the Old Spanish Main
And trade my computer for rum! ARRR!

T' me,
Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho,
It's "Talk Like A Pirate" Day!

--from the official Talk Like A Pirate Day song, by th' swashbucklin' songsmith an' filker, Tom Smith



Jolly Pirate Fish image c/o the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
.

No comments: