Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fairy Comfort


Christmas Day
Originally uploaded by harrip
Been a long day. Tense about the upcoming elections. One of those days when , if you're me, you spend a few minutes on flickr looking at photos of comfort food.

When I was a little girl in Australia, I learned about the simple treat that is fairy bread. White bread (often without crusts), butter, and hundreds-and-thousands (aka rainbow sprinkles).

I made fairy bread for some friends at a party last year, and while most of them nibbled it only to humor me, there was one devoted convert by the end of the afternoon.

Now, excuse me while I go rummage in the cupboard for some sprinkles... I might need some fairy bread if I'm going to watch the presidential debate tonight.

1 comment:

Cade said...

Nonpareils on bread? Really?! I'll have to try it! It definitely looks lovely enough for a pixie princess n__n