Wednesday, June 25, 2008

flower favorites and flickr recommendation



Originally uploaded by peggy.
There's a new flower in my list of all time favorites. The one in the photo taken by peggy. on flickr, is a butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea). So simple, so lovely, so beautifully formed. According to Wikipedia it's also a nitrogen fixer and can be used as a natural food coloring.

Too bad I: a) have the world's least green thumb and b) live in totally the wrong zone for growing my favorite flowers. My mister would pity even a weed if I were trying to grow it.

By the way, peggy. has a lot of lovely photos (including a gorgeous macro of one of my other favorite flowers, bougainvillea) so I highly recommend popping by her photostream and surfing around a bit. If you're in need of a virtual vacation, don't miss her Grand Cayman, April 2008 set.

No comments: