Monday, November 19, 2007

Call me Scrooge

Gray, foggy, drizzly day. NOAA says it's a 42°F (6°C) outside right now. But it's likely to get cold in a day or two.

Sometimes I'm reminded that I'll never be mistaken for a Minnesota native. I got an invitation through my employer to be in the Holidazzle parade as:
... a Jingle Elf, Toy Soldier, Holiday Light Bulb or one of many other storybook characters!
I know a lot of folks here are really excited by the Holidazzle tradition. And it does look (from what I've seen on TV) like an especially good parade. But I have just never been excited enough about any parade to sit outside on a December night in Minnesota to watch a parade go by. So I don't see myself dressing up as a giant light bulb to hike along with one any time soon.

Besides, when I figure in how excited I was yesterday to be able to go grocery shopping without pain, marching beside a float doesn't seem like a great idea.

No comments: