Friday, March 7, 2008

Presidential


DSC_1653.jpg
From the Barack Obama flickr page
This photo was posted to the Barack Obama flickr pool. I've read that it was taken by David Turnley

I'm all but holding my breath as the primaries roll on and Clinton and Obama remain so close in delegates.

I don't trust Hillary Clinton. I don't respect how she's been running her campaign. And I don't feel confident that she could bring in a win against John McCain. Not because she's a woman, but because I know so few Democrats who are excited by her, and I know so many Republicans who hate her so much she's guaranteed to bring them to the polls to vote against her, even if they aren't excited by McCain.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, inspires his supporters to near frenzy. I believe he'll bring out the Democratic voters in droves. His campaign needs to do more to dispel the myth that he doesn't have any substantial plans for fixing things.

I was chatting with a fairly liberal friend of mine who was buying that line. I pointed out that there are pages and pages of information on his plans available on his website. Outlines breaking things down for folks with short attention spans, and 10 page PDF files to download with more details than I've seen from any other candidate in as long as I can remember. My friend's reply was that she doesn't spend a lot of time browsing the web, so she'd never seen this information. She reads email a few times a week, and that's about it. Barack Obama's speeches excite and inspire. Now his campaign needs to do a better job of pointing the folks on the fence to the gritty details that don't fit in a rousing stump speech.

Personally, my fingers are crossed for an Obama/Edwards ticket. I think they'd be unstoppable together.

2 comments:

Zbodhimama said...

I share your sense of the ominous quality of the Clinton campaign. They are working right out of the Rove play book, and we've had enough of that.

Gary Baumgarten said...

David Turnley will be my guest on News Talk Online on Paltalk.com Tuesday August 5 at 5 PM New York time.

To talk to David, please go to www.garybaumgarten.com and click on the link to the show. There is no charge.

Thanks.