Monday, January 14, 2008

Cool and breezy morning

It was 4°F on the way into the office this morning (-16°F Wind chill). The people in the parking lot, for the most part, were not wearing hats or gloves. Ok, maybe it's only a 100 yard walk from their car to the door, but by the sauce that's still darned chilly to me. I had a hat, scarf, gloves and my jacket was zipped up. So I guess I still won't be mistaken for a native.

It is supposed to warm up to 15°F above zero later today, and I gather it's going to be the warmest day of the week. I was starting to wonder if January was going to wimp out on us this year. Guess not. The weather dudes were saying that this is traditionally the couple week period when we get the coldest weather of the year. So we'll see what kind of mischief it can come up with for us.

No comments: