Sunday, January 6, 2008

Impeach The Cheerleader

"Impeach The Cheerleader Save The World" ~ Origin unknown

I'm seeing this all over the place. For those who missed the TV show, it's obviously a reference to the line from the first season of Heroes, "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

After seeing the photo in this article , George W. Bush's Journey: The Cheerleader, by Nicholas D. Kristof, of W as an actual cheerleader makes it particularly apt. I think this is my favorite quote of the year (so far).

A quote from the same article by Kristof really struck me.
Mr. Schandorff says that George was energetic, memorable and a constant cheerleader, but never showed any political interest, deep thoughts or long-term ambition. In contrast, he says he found the youthful Al Gore immersed in politics, very intelligent and fiercely ambitious.

"I always thought Gore might be president," Mr. Schandorff recalled.


I wish that it had been so.

No comments: