Monday, January 28, 2008

This day did not work out as planned

This day did not work out as planned. I was supposed to have a quick checkup with my oncologist for my quarterly tests to verify that I'm still cancer-free, followed by an afternoon at work populated by meetings. But this was the first my oncologist, Dr. A, had seen of my puffy foot. And, as none of the other docs I'd seen recently had done any tests to confirm that it really is lymphedema, Dr. A asked to have an ultrasound done. Today, if at all possible.

Now, when your oncologist says you need a test done ASAP, even if he prefaces it by saying that it probably isn't the scary thing he's testing for, it does tend to make for a little anxiety, and motivate you to rearrange your day to accommodate the test in question.

So, the good news is that I now know that I definitely don't have deep-vein thrombosis (DVT). And the meetings I missed have been rescheduled. And, as a bonus, Dr. A recommended a much less stupefying therapy for my sleep disturbances than the really unpleasant meds I've been taking over the last week.

No comments: