Thursday, February 28, 2008

Work work work

Stuck at work trying to meet a deadline on a project that doubled in size due to re-works (not my fault) but the deadline, of course, did not extend out proportionally to the extra tasks. So here I am listening to Project Pitchfork, Disturbed and Vienna Teng on my iPod, and taking a moment to vent while I have a batch operation running. This 13 14.5 hour work day thing is over rated.

Last night while I was stuck here (only 12 hour day yesterday) there was someone else on the same floor of the building blaring Neil Diamond from her cd player. She seems not to be here tonight, or else she brought headphones. The woman in the next cube over is still here, too, though. Night time in a cube farm. It's a different landscape when most of it's denizens have gone home.

On the up-side, the snow outside is supposed to stop soon, and the plows should have made everything much tidier by the time I get out of here.

Batch process done. Another hour or so and I might be able to go home.

As I wrap this post up, The Lunatics (Have Taken Over the Asylum) by Fun Boy Three has just begun to play. Appropriate for this project. Yup.

No comments: