Monday, April 21, 2008

Livestrong


LiveStrong, too
Originally uploaded by Pockafwye
The photo is from about 10 months ago.

For the record, some days are better than others. Some days it's easier to just have a "normal" day and feel basically like my old self.

Some days the nerve damage is really annoying, the restless sleep due to hot flashes takes its toll, and the muscle spasms sneak back in. Some days I find that I'm really cranky just because I haven't had a really pain free day in a really long time.

This is one of those days.

But still.

I feel lucky to be alive. Lucky to have come through cancer only missing a few non-vital organs. Lucky to have a Mister who stands by me even when I'm not easy to be around, and understanding friends. Lucky to have a good home in a democratic and prosperous nation.

I'm still grumpy and tired and achy. But I am very lucky.

No comments: