Friday, April 25, 2008

Random pondering on names

Just found out Peter Murphy is going to be in Minneapolis on June 16th, so my coworker and I are going to go see that show. I haven't seen him in concert since the Bauhaus reunion tour. I get to see my two favorite (living) people named Peter in two months. Peter Murphy in June, and Peter Woodward in July. How lucky is that?!?

How is it I'm so often fascinated by men named Peter? Peter Woodward. Peter Murphy. Peter Cushing. Peter Lorre. I have a few photos of each of these men in my celeb folder on my computer, and framed photos of P. Lorre and P. Murphy on my walls (the latter is autographed).

I can't think of any other celebrities who interest me enough to have saved a photo or two here and there who have names that repeat. A quick inventory turns up:
  • Adam Baldwin
  • Alan Rickman
  • Boris Karloff
  • Christian Bale
  • Christopher Lee
  • Derek Jakobi
  • Frank Langella
  • Gary Oldman
  • George Takei (primarily a voice fixation)
  • Hugo Weaving
  • Ian McKellen
  • James Callis
  • Jeremy Irons
  • Johnny Depp
  • Ken Watanabe
  • Liam Neeson
  • Nigel Bennett
  • Richard Armitage (the actor, not the former US Deputy Secretary of State)
  • Rutger Hauer
  • Yul Brynner
Add a couple of random photos of Milo Ventimiglia, Sendhil Ramamurthy, David Bowie, and Anthony Bourdain, and one single shot of Jason Isaacs. That list covers all of the male faces of interest in my photo files... No name repeats except for Peter.

Note: Of all the above mentioned photos, the only ones I took myself are the shots of Tony Bourdain. I'm no paparazzo. I just click and save the occasional photo off the intertubes.

No comments: