Thursday, December 13, 2007

Frosty Morning Commute


Frosty Morning Commute
Originally uploaded by Pockafwye
The photos in this collage were all taken on my way to work on Dec. 12, 2007 at around 8:30 in the morning, using my cameraphone. Those taken while in motion were blind captures. I was driving in much later than usual, so I had sunlight to see a wonder of nature I'd not experienced before.

We had hoarfrost that morning, which coated all the trees with shimmering ice crystals. Part of my drive was through a fog composed of very tiny bits of ice that looked like glitter floating in the air. There was very little in the way of a breeze, and MPR was reporting the temperature as around 6° F (-14° C).

It made me glad I'd decided to go into the office instead of working from home.

No comments: