- Personal heroes this year: Dr. Peter Argenta (my Oncologist) and his nurse, Joan. He saved my life. She has been compassionate and supportive, helping me navigate the office visits and such needed during healing.
- Three high points of the year: Successful cancer surgery. My cousin returning from deployment abroad. Every day with my Mister.
- Significant losses this year: To death: My paternal grandfather and my husband's maternal grandmother. To life: Several internal organs. To corporate downsizing: My husband's job.
- Significant gain this year: I've made several new friends and renewed contact with a few old friends I didn't think I'd hear from again.
- A Lesson learned about myself: I've learned that I can cope with a lot more physical discomfort than I thought I could. I've learned how much pain I can push through, and at what point it puts normal life on hold.
- Reading for pleasure: Read 18 fiction books this year. My 3 favorites were: Invoking Darkness (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 3) by Jeanne Cavelos; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling; Dead to the World (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Bk. 4) by Charlaine Harris
- Most surprising place I found myself this year: Hiking through an 8 foot high cornfield with my husband, looking for a lost model rocket. Not once, but twice.
- Something beautiful in nature I'd never seen before 2007: Hoarfrost
- Hobbies: This year I did more knitting and photography than any of my other hobbies.
- Favorite meal in a restaurant this year: Tejas in Edina, MN. Wild Mushroom Enchiladas with Humboldt Fog cheese.
- Favorite meal at home this year: My mom's spaghetti
- Favorite movie released in 2007: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Favorite movie I watched this year (any release date): 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama
- Favorite TV series this year (with new episodes): Colbert Report
- Favorite TV series in re-runs: Conquest
- Most watched (re-watched and re-re-watched) dvd this year: Egypt: Beyond the Pyramids
- Most played game this year: World of Warcraft (pc)
- Favorite game I played for the first time in 2007: Unspeakable Words (cards/words)
- Gratitude: I am filled with gratitude this year for the compassion and support of so many people. Family and friends who either came to help when I was undergoing my surgeries, or who sent their love and support from afar. Co-workers who helped cover for my workload while I was unable to work. Financial support from family, to help me cover the bills that medical insurance didn't cover. I can't thank everyone enough.
- Regime Change in 2008: My preferred candidates for next year's Democratic party presidential candidate have narrowed to either John Edwards or Barack Obama. But with so many primaries and caucuses being held earlier than Minnesota's, and since Minnesota holds a caucus rather than a primary election, I don't think my preferences count for much.
Be more physically active.
Do more quilting.
Learn to crochet.
Observe at least one thing of beauty each day, however simple.
Practice the disciplines of the Eightfold Path.