Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shhhh. We's nappin'


Shhhh. We's nappin'
Originally uploaded by Pockafwye
I have pretty much figured out by trial and error that there aren't many cold medicines that I can tolerate given my current daily meds. Even 12mg of Benadryl these days will make me too loopy to focus on difficult concepts (or read for pleasure, or type without liberal use of the backspace key and spell checker.)

Afrin seems to do alright, but since you can't use it for more than a couple of days, it doesn't help with a persistent cold. Guaifenesin seems to be side-effect free so it's on the approved list, but has limited effectiveness for a cold all by itself. Vitamins, liquids, the humidifier and healthy foods help, but not with immediate symptoms.

So this cold gets to run amok for the rest of the day, while I take a break from work before I do more harm than good to my project under the influence of a child's dose of Benadryl.

Going to have to make up the time tomorrow. In the meantime, I think the cats snoring on the sofa and in the sunbeams nearby have the right idea. All the critters in the house are napping except me.

No comments: